Choose Learning; Choose Friendship; Choose Kindness
(School Council & School Governors 2023)
Aims & Values
At Walkern School we aim to :
- give all our children the opportunity for a broad and balanced education so that they can maximise their potential to learn and be prepared for life.
- enable our children to develop academically, spiritually, socially, culturally and morally.
We will achieve this by providing our children with:
- a safe environment within which they can learn with confidence.
- a challenging and engaging curriculum which is taught in accordance with national standards.
- a range of activities, resources and teaching to suit the children's needs as a whole and as individuals.
- support and stimulation to promote the children's desire to learn, as well as a positive example for them to follow.
- opportunities to develop self respect and self discipline so that they can take responsibility for their own actions.
- a strong, collaborative partnership between families, the school, the community and the local education authority.
Our values are:
- our children will be treated with dignity, respect and guidance to help them develop to their full potential.
- our children will not suffer discrimination on the grounds of their race, faith, gender or ability.
- our children are entitled to be kept safe from harm.
- our children and their families are entitled to our honesty.
- our staff members will promote and support their own and each others professional development.