New Starters - Reception
Welcome to Reception at Walkern!
If you were unable to make our New Starter Meeting on 8/7/20 then please watch the recording below. Hopefully this will answer any of your immediate questions with regards to starting school in September. There are also bullet points of key information beneath this. Over the course of the week beginning 13/7/20 I will be phoning a parent/carer of each child to answer any questions that you may have. If you have any queries in the mean time then please do not hesitate to email me, catch me on the gate or phone the school office.
I look forward to chatting with you all next week and working with you in September! Please keep your eyes out for Story Time Video's coming soon for the children to enjoy.
Best wishes, Miss Liddle
Key Points for New Starters in September
- AM Session - Drop off @ 8:50 and pick up @11:40
- PM Session - Drop off @ 12:25 and pick up @ 3:15
- Full time from 21/9/20 - Lunch at school from this point.
- First two weeks drop off via pedestrian walk way next to car park and exit via car park.
- Uniform - grey bottoms, white polo and burgundy jumper/cardigan.
- Do not feel obliged to buy tops with the school logo - children WILL come home messy! Cheap and cheerful multi-packs are more than adequate!
- NAME ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING! This does not need to be the labels you can buy, permanent marker is fine. This is what we will label anything unlabelled with.
- Over the holidays practise
- independent eating, dressing and toileting.
- fine motor skills - cutting, colouring, play dough, lego.
- READING! Please read to your child and embed it into your daily routine now!
Early Years Team
Class Teaching Assistant - Miss Riches
Class Teacher - Miss Liddle